Protecting Employee Rights
You have rights in the workplace. Although everyone knows this is true, many people have no idea what do when they experience harassment, wrongful termination or other forms of discrimination in the workplace. It is important to work with a lawyer who can understand your situation and help you find an equitable outcome.
At Law Offices of Denise Eaton May, we represent clients in a wide range of employment law matters. Denise Eaton May has been handling employment law matters for more than 25 years. If you would like to discuss your case with an attorney, please call us at 510-244-3307.
Areas Of Focus
We represent clients in a wide range of employment law matters:
- Workplace discrimination: The law protects employees from being unfairly treated as a result of age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation and other factors.
- Harassment/sexual harassment: You have a right to work in an environment free from hostility or quid pro quo harassment from a superior or another colleague.
- Severance agreements: If you are being let go from your employment, it is important to work with an attorney who can negotiate a severance agreement that will protect your interests and maximize your opportunities.
- Wage and hour violations: In many cases, employers will misclassify employees, force them to work unpaid overtime hours or commit other wage and hour violations.
- Wrongful termination: Although not every employment termination is unlawful, employees enjoy protection from wrongful termination based on discrimination or other unlawful policies.
In all of our cases, we seek to resolve our clients’ legal issues through the most efficient and least contentious manner possible. Through mediation and other alternative dispute resolution (ADR) approaches, we can often find efficient and creative solutions that are equitable for our clients. In other cases, litigation is the only option, so we represent our clients’ interests aggressively in the courtroom.
Contact Us Today For Employment Law Help
To schedule a consultation with an experienced California employment law attorney, please complete our online contact form.